A history of success and recognition.
Historical milestones and a variety of achievements characterize STES Group’s journey: from blinking Arduino LEDs to solar car making. Throughout the years, we have seen first-time product launches and a steady flow of innovations. During this time, many partners have contributed to our success, which is marked by numerous awards while participating in various national and international level events
- 2017 Sinhgad Solar Vehicle Championship, Pandharpur INDIA,”an international solar event” that was held in SKN Sinhgad College Engineering, Korti where a short term training programme on design and fabrication of solar vehicle took place.
- 2015 National TVET Expo,2016 Made In Rwanda Expo and 2016 National Agri-Show Expo which are local exhibitions organized by the Private Sector Federation
- A 5-day hackathon on climate early warning organized by the Rwanda Meteorology Agency (Meteo Rwanda) with support from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) on the application of IoT for Climate Early Warning. It brought together different developers and climate data scientists across the region to test technology and applications to address Disaster Preparedness and Early Warning Systems through ‘real time’ environmental data collection, analysis and dissemination.
- Smart Kigali Challenge organized by Rwanda Information Society Authority (RISA) in partnership with the Ministry of Information Technology and Communications (MITEC), National Industrial Research and Development Agency (NIRDA), with GIZ’s Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development Program (DSSD), awarded the best ICT solutions.
- HackAgainstHunger – is a worldwide effort of the Food Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) to find innovative solutions and to promote entrepreneurship to address challenges around food and agriculture and to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), tackling cross-cutting themes, such as youth employment and climate change.In July 2018, FAO’s IT Division launched an open innovation challenge to find the most promising, bold tech solutions to tackle the growing challenge of youth in Africa’s food and agriculture sector.The innovation challenge brought together 24 young entrepreneurs from 7 countries of Africa with solid proposals to transform the food and agriculture sector and generate economic growth.
- TOYOTA Innovating Mobility Ideathon which was organized by TOYOTA Mobility Foundation and Impact Hub Kigali which gathered brilliant minds to come up with innovative ideas to enable more people and goods to go more places more efficiently.
- 2019 SAFAGRI(Salon Africain de l’Agriculture) in TCHAD which had as overall objective to stimulate national and regional policies of value chain transformation in Africa, facing challenges economic, climate and security. STES Group was the only representative from RWANDA and was awarded the 2nd best international participant.